Contact Info:

5333 E. 6 Mile Rd. - White Cloud, MI - 49349 - servantinsonora@gmail.com

Friday, February 15, 2013

Dreams Coming True

     For a number of years, I have dreamed of producing movies. I remember dreaming and even making several attempts at putting together short films. This was done with the family video camera and windows movie maker. Then, when I was 16 I had the opportunity of being an extra in the interdependent Christian film, Pendragon, Sword of His Father, by Burn's Family Studios. I was fascinated with all the behind the scene work that went into production and often dreamed of being able to produce my own films someday. I was discouraged however by the amount of equipment that was needed to do that.

     Over the years I have also developed a passion for photography. I found that a camera that could take decent photos was easier to get my hands on than one that could take decent video, so I focused on photography. Every year or so I would upgrade to a new camera that was better that the one that I had before. With each upgrade I learned more about photography and was able to get better and better pictures. Finally, this past fall I realized that I was in a unique season of my life in which I could potentially use the skills that I had developed and the passion that God had given me to help support the ministries that I am working and partnering with here in Mexico.

     In December I decided to take advantage of the season that I am in. I purchased a camera that was capable of taking professional quality pictures and video. Over the past month I have been exploring all the different capabilities of my new camera. Finally, this past week I downloaded some video editing software and began exploring how to use it, using the footage I have collected over the last month. After many hours of watching YouTube tutorials and applying what I was learning, I was able to put together a video update for the Casa de Esperanza.

      I always thought that my dream was just that, something that I would get excited about and then forget about as I got back to my every day life. I am grateful however that God has allowed this dream to become a reality. I learned a lot over this past week, including how exhausting sitting at a computer can be. I hope that this experience will sharpen my skills and knowledge to be able to do even more work for God in the future. Regardless of what the future holds however, I am thankful for this opportunity that He has blessed me with today and that I am taking advantage of it.

The following is a link to YouTube video mentioned in the post:
Casa de Esperanza Update

No comments:

Post a Comment